Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem in network!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 smohsen

smohsen

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

hi all
i work in office which has a network !
we have a bad problem !
some time connection disabled (automatically!)in some of systems !
or workgroup disabled ! and after that we can not use shared folder of other systems in this system
for solve that i must make another home network
this position happened more time in day!
what should i do ?

os all of system : windows xp
anti virus in all of system is Avira free personal
I am always your's

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

I am unclear what you mean when you say a couple things

some time connection disabled (automatically!)in some of systems ! - Do you mean that it is set to use a Static IP?

or workgroup disabled ! and after that we can not use shared folder of other systems in this system - Do you mean it is set to Domain rather than workgroup?

And you are sure the people using the computers aren't changing these settings?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 smohsen

smohsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

I am unclear what you mean when you say a couple things

some time connection disabled (automatically!)in some of systems ! - Do you mean that it is set to use a Static IP?

each system has one local connection!
when system running that computer connected to network(and internet auttomaticlly)
some time during use of system local connection disabled automatically(and not by users!)
this explain help you ?!

or workgroup disabled ! and after that we can not use shared folder of other systems in this system - Do you mean it is set to Domain rather than workgroup?

when we want use shared folder , we must make an home network , and set domain and workgroup!
so when that disabled or delete or any other thing , we can not use shared folder of that system!
this explain help you?

And you are sure the people using the computers aren't changing these settings?

yes! we sure the people aren't change these setting !
and for that i ask you.
I am always your's

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

when system running that computer connected to network(and internet auttomaticlly)
some time during use of system local connection disabled automatically(and not by users!)
- If they are connected and everything is fine and for an unknown reason the settings change, you have a virus on the PCs.

when we want use shared folder , we must make an home network , and set domain and workgroup!
so when that disabled or delete or any other thing , we can not use shared folder of that system
- You can not have the PCs set to connect to a domain and a workgroup at the same time. Its one or the other. Again if this setting changes without someone changing it - you have a virus.

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 smohsen

smohsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

- If they are connected and everything is fine and for an unknown reason the settings change, you have a virus on the PCs.

so which anti vir help me?
and what should i do?
we have avira anti vir (free personal) in each system

- You can not have the PCs set to connect to a domain and a workgroup at the same time. Its one or the other. Again if this setting changes without someone changing it - you have a virus.

yes you are right!
we have work group!
and foe solve!?
I am always your's

#6 smohsen

smohsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:01 AM

this pic show you what happened!
Posted Image
I am always your's

#7 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:43 AM

I am not sure what you are talking about but sounds like someone is messing with your network system or you have a serious virus on your hands. Are you anti-virus programs up to date and anti-malware programs up to date also? Run a scan on your systems to make sure they don't have a virus but if they pick up nothing then it could be a smart virus where you have to find it and delete it manually.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#8 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

This is happening on more than 1 PC correct?

When it happens can you check and see if the service workstation is Started and if it set to Automatic. To get to the services screen type services.msc in a run command.

#9 smohsen

smohsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:48 AM

This is happening on more than 1 PC correct?

When it happens can you check and see if the service workstation is Started and if it set to Automatic. To get to the services screen type services.msc in a run command.

that was stoped!
i start it again
and answer topic if problem occurred again!

just a thing for knowing!
we use Winlock and Anti Executable software to lock computer
so users can not change anything
I am always your's

#10 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:58 AM

If the workstation service was stopped, that is what is causing the workgroup and domain to be greyed out like that. You put in your original post "Cornflicker! or ..." from what I have read that may be just what you have. Have you done a search on how to detect/clean it and tried to see if the PCs are infected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users