Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows update screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rage Skywolfe

Rage Skywolfe

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

I am having a problem with the update screen reading that it has checked for and installed new updates. the updates are there because it is revealed within the update history but for some reason it doesn't reveal it on the screen. here is an example of an update that was issued for today and what it looks like on my screen. now normally it would have said that the defender update was installed. but as it shows in that update screen it shows the last install was on the 8th. I am wondering if this is a result of reinstalling one of the august updates multiple times. but if not what gives when it was working fine before until a couple of days ago.

I am running Vista home premium 64 bit.

Attached Files

Edited by Rage Skywolfe, 10 September 2009 - 03:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

Try changing the Auto update settings to the next level i.e. to notify you when there are updates to download and update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users