Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Hard Drive!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

HELP--- I have a 160Gib hard drive that full of important files...ect and suddenly i cant boot to windows with it. so i took it out of the pc it was in and set it as a slave to my other computers hard drive. i went on windows and windows sees the 160gig but I cant access it through My Computer/ which is what i need to do to get all the files off of it that i need.Is there any way that i can browse/ copy the files from that hard drive??? Im doing my best to research this issue and have found nothing. i know how to get it working again but that would cause all the files to be destroyed. I NEED THOSE FILES!!! HELLLPPPP!!! Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:12 AM

Whoa Racoon,

Many questions come to mind. Why did you take your 160 out of it's original config?

Yes, I know you had boot issues but why did you remove the hard drive?

It could be a simple problem. Today's hard drives are very durable and I doubt it was your drives fault.

This is what I want you to do. Remove Power! Re-install your 160 hard drive just as you had it before. Then re-seat all of your cards and memory.

Be careful and gentle. I get so frustrated with my computers that I tend to kick them but find out later it has nothing to do with my computer (in this case it was a KVM switch).

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users