Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection highjacked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 mad4info

mad4info

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

The best way i can describe my problem is that sometimes I'm on site like one i use is mocospace and I'll get highjacked, mr browser will close/minimize this message comes up. Message from webpage. Warning!!! your system requires immediate anti-virus scan! personal anti virus can perform fast and free virus and malicious softwear scan of your computer. OK CANCEL. first time this happened i pressed cancel, took me to this site. Antispywear-scanner5.com.
about a week later the same thing happened on that site this time i pressed ctrl alt esc, site took me there again. This time i was looking at this dermatology site for about 2seconds and my connection got jacked. I have used mocospace for years and its only just started happening anyhow I turn my internet connection of when this site high jacks me. Today i took some screen shots of the message that appears on my desk top the site, and the contents of the site which basically says you have trojans etc. But i noticed the url is this time different. antivirusonlinescan03.com. Would anyone like to see the screen shots? or is this a F&Q. Also i have ran, kaspersky scan, malwarebytes, somtimes A-squared, i ran combofix yesterday. I have the log for that to.

Edited by mad4info, 10 September 2009 - 07:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hello please post your Malwarebytes log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Next run ATF and SAS:
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mad4info

mad4info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

Right ok I'll try to remember all of that but it will probably take me a few hours to do, mbam's clean.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2744
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

11/09/2009 07:02:15
mbam-log-2009-09-11 (07-02-15).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 210474
Time elapsed: 50 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#4 mad4info

mad4info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

When you say this I'm a little optimistic about what you mean do you mean perform a custom scan but only scan for cookies?????and untick C:\ D:\, memory, registry startup locations, selected folders? becuase thats what it sounds like could just be me i have a very programed mind instructions must be totally to the T soz for the annoyance but i have to ask.

Also before i enter safe mode with Super should i not finish installing/updating ATF cleaner. The instructions are a little all over the place if i am meant to install/update ATF as it says

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it.

Then it goes onto this part.

Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.

notice there has been no mention of finishing of the installation process or updating ATF I'm not being funny but if i dont ask i will do exaxctly What the instructions instruct not finish the installation process.

Edited by mad4info, 11 September 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#5 mad4info

mad4info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

Done it nothing was detected by Super i dumped everything with ATF in safe mode before i scanned with Super which u cant run in safe mode.
So I don't know why this site keeps high jacking me. I scanned every option drive d, c etc.

THINK!!!! I might know whats happening for example. Connection hijacking
An attacker who is able to eavesdrop a TCP session and redirect packets can hijack a TCP connection. To do so, the attacker learns the sequence number from the ongoing communication and forges a false segment that looks like the next segment in the stream. Such a simple hijack can result in one packet being erroneously accepted at one end. When the receiving host acknowledges the extra segment to the other side of the connection, synchronization is lost. Hijacking might be combined with ARP or routing attacks that allow taking control of the packet flow, so as to get permanent control of the hijacked TCP connection.[14]

Impersonating a different IP address was possible prior to RFC 1948, when the initial sequence number was easily guessable. That allowed an attacker to blindly send a sequence of packets that the receiver would believe to come from a different IP address, without the need to deploy ARP or routing attacks: it is enough to ensure that the legitimate host of the impersonated IP address is down, or bring it to that condition using denial of service attacks. This is why the initial sequence number is chosen at random.

I think the problem is If i run an open ports diagnosis i find the following.
Solicited TCP Packets: PASSED No TCP packets were received from your system as a direct result of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed below they are all either fully stealthed or blocked by your ISP. However . . .

Unsolicited Packets: PASSED No Internet packets of any sort were received from your system as a side-effect of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed above. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system remained wisely silent. (Except for the fact that not all of its ports are completely stealthed as shown below.)

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

So my uneducated but at a guess conclusion is this is the problem. Any help with this? and conformation if this is or is not the problem would be appreciated.

Edited by mad4info, 11 September 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

seems pretty straight forward,
DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode:

NOW Scan with SUPER

The rest from your router report is fairly normal and we may see a Dns hijack ith the scan
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 mad4info

mad4info
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

I did say at the begging of post 5 I had done it (look) Done it nothing was detected by Super i dumped everything with ATF in safe mode before i scanned with Super which u cant run in safe mode.
So I don't know why this site keeps high jacking me. I scanned every option drive d, c etc.

at the end of the super scan nothing was detected there are no logs!!! is that right? If there is nothing detected there is no log lmao? I'm not excatly any good at this that is why i am here.

Can you help me with this open port ping ping problem? I would be grateful if you could if you cant would you be as to explain why you cant? there a bit half soaked on the kaspersky forum and i heard you lot at bleeping computer are an amazing team.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

Yes you did.. My problem is why it won't run in Safe,it should... I think we should post an HJT log. they can also check the port issues.
You will need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256983/connection-highjacked2/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond. Therefore, I shall delete your last post in that topic as it adds no new information.

Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less from when you initially posted, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 September 2009 - 01:17 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users