Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dual boot, anti-virus on one, not the other

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rokit

rokit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

OK, I've got a dual boot system. I have an anti-virus on one, which I will use for web browsing and gaming or whatever. On the other partition I have disabled the LAN driver so that it is not possible to connect to the internet. The reason I do this is because I record music on my computer and anti-virus software slows everything down. I want to keep this installation as clean and clutter free as possible. It will be used for nothing but music. My question is, how likely do you think it would be that a virus could get on this partition?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

What 2 OS are you dual booting? Is it Windows & Windows; or Windows & Linux or .......???

That info will help others to advise you.

I dual boot Linux Mint/Vista btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users