Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Dr. Duane C. Tway

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dtway

dtway

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hello.

I'm Dr. Duane C. Tway, an intermediate computer user who started out programming a Burroughs with card decks in 1966 at the Air Force Academy. Born in Texas but only stayed 3 months and that's why I'm so short. Grew up in an Air Force family, so moved around quite a bit. Lt. Col. Duane C. Tway Sr. was assigned at the Acacemy while I was in High School. I lettered in swimming and track and was the founder and first president of the Future Teachers of America club at Air Academy High.

At the Academy, I earned a BS in Engineering. I went to pilot training and became a fighter pilot. Had a wonderful time with Uncle Sam's big toys. I flew F4 Phantoms and A-10 Warthogs. Got an MS in Management along the way from U. of AR Fayetteville. When I retired in 1987, I crammed a 4 year Ph.D. program into 7. Was picked up by Walden University, the premier on-line U. in the World. Take a look at www.waldenu.edu. I mentor students in the Leadership and Organization Change Specialization, which I co-founded and co-manage.

Despite all of my efforts to keep from getting malware, I seem to be a magnet. I joined to get two computers unscrewed and to learn from folks much smarter than I am.

Cheers,

Duane

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:16 AM

Hello dtway and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

I am sure our Members can help get your two computers working correctly.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users