Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto-Emailer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I need to make a website which does 2 things:

1) Users can register their interests in certian topics and subjects such as careers, work experience and such.

2) An Admin whom has information on say a vacant spot in work experience, uploads this information, and then an email is sent to everyone who has concerned their interests, which either has all the information on it or will direct the users to where they may find it.

I know a reasonable amount of MYSQL/PHP coding and so I was hoping that I could use that to make this website. But I have no idea how to email things so Im open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Nukie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

So your trying to create a job hunting site? This sounds like a community type project, from past experience, there is A LOT of work involved in this sort of thing...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 nukie

nukie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:10 AM

More like..... Take a careers councillor at a school. Shes trying to send information to the relevant students whenever she gets the information. But yeah its a similar gist I suppose...

Dyou think a one man team could pull this off in around 6 weeks?

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

It'd be hard :thumbsup: I'd look for a CMS like joomla or wordpress and try adding a community plugin ;) be the quickest way of doing it...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 nukie

nukie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for your insight and advice, Ive decided to decline the project though, I weighed the good and bad, and, my time is not as available, and this seemed like the best option.

#6 Labhrainn Aemilianu

Labhrainn Aemilianu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:25 AM

Godsw Auto Emailer is used to send emails automatically at anytime and any frequency as you expect, it satisfies all your mailing requirements. You can set automatic sending time yearly, monthly,weekly, daily and specific date and time.

#7 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

in php you can use mail() function to send emails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users