Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iframe background image not showing in IE?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

On my website http://www.starwarsgeek.net (shameless plug, lol!!) I have the main content of my pages loading in an iframe in the center of the page... which displays properly in Firefox and Google Chrome... but in IE it looks like the background image loads for a split second, only to be replaced by a solid white background. Which is a problem mostly because the background image that is supposed to load is dark so I used a light gray almost white for the text... and as you can imagine, white text on white background = blank page, lol.

Any idea why the background isn't showing up in IE? Any work arounds for it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

one question... why use and iframe for it?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Well that doesn't really help, does it? :thumbsup:

But OK, the reason I went with iframe was because I could not get the php include to work properly. I want the main page frame to stay the same size, and put the scrollbar within that frame. With the php include, the main frame stretches to the height of the include file, and I can't get it to stay the same height and add the scrollbar. I tried the <div style="overflow:auto"> but it doesn't work, as you can see in this example. The images on the sides of the main frame don't look very good when they are doubled up, lol.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

I see what you mean about the images, i haven't had much success with backgrounds in iframes, but have your tried adding the <body bgcolor="#000000"> into the page that the iframe is calling.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'll have to check... I may not. But the weird thing is that it shows the background image that I want for a second... and then it's gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users