Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

status code -1073741482.The system will now shut down.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mudwheeler

mudwheeler

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

I am new to this forum. I've seen similar problems posted, but the slight variations of problem and different solutions proposed make me feel like I should create this as a new post.

Below is the error that I receive. The countdown begins and when it reaches 0 the system freezes and my only option is a hard shutdown. Start up sometimes works but most of the time (always when using restart) the problem reoccurs.

I've tried installing and running Forefront (couldn't install completely), Avast (Didn't install), Spyware Doctor (didn't solve problem), Prevx (didn't solve problem), and I am out of options.

Help?

====ERROR MESSAGE=======
The system is shutting down.
Please save all work in progress and log off.Any unsaved changes will be lost.
This shut down was initiated by NT\AUTHORIYSYSTEM Time before shut down(then a countdown starts at 1:00)
Message The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741482.The system will now shut down.)
======================

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users