Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TDSS Rootkit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jistincase

jistincase

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

I posted already about a problem I have been having with this tdss rootkit problem and removing it. I followed the guide on what to do and I know that it said to be patient but I am a little worried about this and if it has compromised anything that I should really be worried about. I want to know if this could be some sort of key logger or something that will steal important information that could cause me financial harm. If anyone can give me a heads up on what might be happening I would really appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Your topic is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255130/infected-with-tdss-rootkit/

I know it's frustrating to wait, but with the vast numbers of people requesting assistance, that cannot be avoided. We work with hundreds of logs every day. Because of this, we have devised a means of seeing only the unanswered HiJack This topics. At present, there are nearly 800 of them; the oldest dated Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 am Eastern Daylight Savings time. Your topic is dated Sept. 4, 2009, 12:02 PM using the same time zone.

While we try to take the oldest topics first, for various reasons, newer topics also get responses. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

Orange Blossom :(
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 jistincase

jistincase
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users