Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know of a good free invisible keylogger?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cpumelter

cpumelter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

I need a good invisible keylogger, free, would be password protected - that will run in true stealth mode. One that you can't see in the system tray.

The ones I am finding want you to pay for them to get these features. Surely there must be a freeware version out there, but I'm just not finding it...

Any help appreciated!
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Mmmm, me thinks discussing such topics on this forum is illegal.

I think it would violate this rule.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 10 September 2009 - 12:47 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

While the majority of us do not care for keyloggers, it is not a violation of the forum rules
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

Mmmm, me thinks discussing such topics on this forum is illegal.

I think it would violate this rule.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

I agree w/ garmanma on this. A keylogger is most definantly not illegal software by any means. Unfortunately, sometimes we may have to snoop a wee bit if a person is suspected of doing something they shouldn't be. In the past I used Cyberpatrol for several years, & it had a log that you could view.

I guess maybe the bottom line would be - if you don't have anything to hide, then a snooping pgm. shouldn't be a problem for you.

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Oh in that case...

I've heard of this one, I don't know if its any good or not but its worth a shot

http://www.spyarsenal.com/personal-inspector/
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#6 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:44 AM

Oh in that case...

I've heard of this one, I don't know if its any good or not but its worth a shot

http://www.spyarsenal.com/personal-inspector/

Thanks, I will check it out...Yeah, this is not something I really want to do, but at this time it is necessary...sometimes these things have to be implemented. :thumbsup:

Edited by cpumelter, 11 September 2009 - 06:45 AM.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,789 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

One thought to consider in the lack of replies to your request for keylogger software. This site is focused maily on privacy and security of computers. Whereas keyloggers are the antithisis of that. So large is what we are mostly about. So if you don't get much feedback that is one thing to consider.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

One thought to consider in the lack of replies to your request for keylogger software. This site is focused maily on privacy and security of computers. Whereas keyloggers are the antithisis of that. So large is what we are mostly about. So if you don't get much feedback that is one thing to consider.

I find that thinking sort of odd...I mean, look at it this way. If you own the pc, it is in your house/business/etc., and another individual is using it for suspicious activities, what are you supposed to do? Just look the other way & hope it all works out? I know, this is a thin line approach, but at times there isn't much of an option.

Most businesses follow this approach all the time, as well as schools/libraries/other. You have to keep the systems safe somehow... Unfortunately, this is the society that we live in...

I do appreciate all the replies, & I am not trying to make any enemies here, believe me. I personally wouldn't even be considering this software, but I find myself in a situation where I either do this, or restrict the person from all pc use. So, I need to be sure of what I suspect before I step in with disciplinary action.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,776 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:29 AM

Adding to what Animal has already advised.

While keylogging, surveillance and monitoring programs can have legitimate uses in contexts where an authorized user, business IT tech or administrator has knowingly installed them, there can be potential legal ramifications when assisting someone with installing or removing these types of programs. Even a recommendation could be construed as a gray area some attorneys would not hesitate to explore in order to seek successful litigation.

As such, most security forums will hesitate to get involved. A simple Google search should yield the information you seek without jeopardizing a responder.

Our response is not intended to imply that any specific situation invokes legal concerns, but merely that it is impossible for us to make the determination as to the computer's ownership and who has what authority in any given situation.

Thank you for understanding.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users