Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a Virus! Norton can't get it.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 snooker555

snooker555

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Please help me. I am a student and have 2 online classes I can't get to.

I origanally thought Norton fixed the issue and that I just had a problem with the control panel. here is my origanal post:

""Hello to the community. I am glad you all are here to help us less technologically savey folks.

ok. My computer was attacked the other day. I have Norton Antivirus and it seemed like it caught it. I did a full system scan again Norton caught some Trojan (witch caused the pop ups to stop) and told me to restart to complete the clean.

When I did I got this message in an error box.....

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this task. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I went to that option but have no idea how to "create an association". I also tryed to restart with the last known good configuration in the safe start menu. It did not work. Also when the error message came up the picture I have for my back ground goes away. Then when i hit OK on the error box I just have a blue back ground.

Do I still have a virus? Does anyone here know how to "create an association" for my control panel files? Oh yeah the task manager has been disabled by the administrater also. I have no idea how to do that so.(I own the computer and no one else uses it)

Hope to here from someone on this soon. and thanks again for this site.""

Now I can't log on to my yahoo e-mail or my school web site and account. I am a student and things are pretty low budget right now so i can't afford to take this in. Please help soon, I don't want to miss an assignment.

Thanks,
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users