Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't remove folders off my USB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

Okay well I was doing some of my work, and listening to music off my computer with WMP, when I realised that it was synchronising all my music onto my USB.

So now my USB is full and for some reason WMP would not delete them automatically (though its system). So Ive begun deleting all the music manually and Ive foud that some of the folders cannot be deleted and a error message comes up saying. " Cannot remove folder __ : The directory is not empty"

And I know theres nothing in there even hidden files. So whats happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

I've had something similar happen...I believe that I ran chkdsk /r on the partition in question...and then was able to remove them.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users