Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can i connect my dell pc to my new hd television?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nouara

nouara

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

I have a dell dimension 4600 and a sony hd television. I'd like to use the television to view downloaded movies. I bought a hdmi connector cord, connected it to the tower and the pc, but it does not register with the television, ...i'm a techno-dinosaur who'd like to enter the new age. Thanks if anyone can help me. :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

Your TV should have a PC connection mode, among the menu options, I believe.

Where is your manual for your TV? It should cover those things.

Louis

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

You might have to do it in both devices. Tell the TV to take the input and tell the PC's video card to output to the TV.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

If you are using a native HDMI setup (not a DVI-HDMI adapter) then you have to set up the HDMI output in your display properties on your PC. Sometimes you will have to make the TV your primary to be able to fully set up resolution etc.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users