Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse randomly stops working?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 †Sage†

†Sage†

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hey, maybe someone can help me out with this:

my wireless Dell mouse (optical) will just randomly stop working. It happens anywhere from about 1 to 20 seconds, and lasts for anywhere from half a second to about 10 seconds.

My other computer does not have this problem, and they are the same mouse with the same mousepad. It's really annoying because it seems unrelenting.

Interestingly enough, this started happening after we hooked this one up to the internet, and it does not freeze up on the login screen.

One more thing that might be of interest is that whenever i log in, it always says i have at least 1 program running, and when i log in, i do not. The other accounts on this computer don't say that, but they do have the same problem with the mouse.

It doesn't happen with my keyboard (thank goodness) and i have tried to plug the transmitter into different USB ports. I have a Dell Dimension 4700 with Windows XP. I've tried putting in new batteries but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Edit: The red light doesn't go off when the mouse freezes up, if that helps. Also, clicking and scrolling doesn't work either when if freezes.

Edited by †Sage†, 08 September 2009 - 03:00 PM.

SageOfSARIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 †Sage†

†Sage†
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

no responses? dang o.o
SageOfSARIA