Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DerrelShaw

DerrelShaw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

When I try to download Firefox I get an application error telling me that "0x5a9288f8" cannot be written. How can I get rid of that, and how can I get Firefox? Thanks. Derrel Shaw -- derloshaw@sbcglobal.net.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 circaal

circaal

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

You can always try to manually remove the program. Make sure that there are no entries left in the start menu and no icons on the desktop. Then go into My Computer-C Drive-Progam Files and look for any Mozzila or Firefox folders to remove and get rid of them. Then download a program like CCleaner and run the junk files scanner and the registry cleaner hopefully that will allow you to remove all traces of firefox and then try reinstalling it.
-BTY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users