Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wee red cross......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Drummond

Jake Drummond

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

Instead of showing images, both in web pages and in emails sent to me, I often see a wee red cross in the top left corner. Can anyone suggest a remedy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:06 AM

The red cross for images in emails...is very common, occurring often when emails are forwarded to users. The problem is that the links/references to the graphics on one system...cannot be forwarded, so the result is a red x in place of the graphic. The links to the graphics have become broken and the result is the red X.

Typical way to overcome this...don't try to forward content with graphics. Graphics can be actually inserted into body of email or a link to an actual webpage can be sent.

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/543

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.pcdon.com/deRedXInsteadOfPicture.html

Louis

#3 Jake Drummond

Jake Drummond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'll read through your advised links, many thanks. I contacted a friend who sent me the email with photos included and suggested he sent them as attachments. Will this be OK?

Sorry, I'm an elderly PC amatuer!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Yes. that should work :thumbsup:.

From another elderly PC amateur :flowers:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users