Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Not Working in Windows XP Home

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 david blanchette2

david blanchette2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

Last week I was using my web cam on Skype and could not get the video. I finally attempted to shut down and restart thinking that may help. My PC would not shut down, just froze. So I did a hard shutdown (Holding the off button until the computer shut down). After several moments, I turned the PC back on. When I did, my profile had reverted back to some previous point in time since my favorites were gone and all e-mail in Outlook Express was also gone. My wife and daughter's profiles were fine. I tried to system restore in Windows to several dates and times prior to this happening however, every attempt to restore has failed. It will not complete. Any ideas as to how I might get settings, e-mails and documents back the way they were prior to this? Thanks very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users