Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop needs Reformatting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hulkbuster

hulkbuster

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:48 AM

Hello people,
u see my friend has a Laptop,OS:WIn xp Installed. On opening MS Office ,MS Notepad opens and opening Notepad, MS OFfice opens. He gave his laptop to one of his friend and on receiving back; he says Windows has started slowing down. I feel his Laptop needs a formatting since it is three years old.May be it has caught some Viruses and Malwares, he doesn't h a backup.
I can install Windows with my Serial, but i think Win would not be Activated. Since i h' already Activated by that Serial, i read somewhere in some Discussions that their lies a hidden Partition in every laptop. And here an ISO Winxp lies, is it possible to retrieve this ISO and burn it , in proceed with the Installation.

IS IT TRUE THREIR LIES A HIDDEN PARTITION AND IF YES, HOW CAN I GO ABOUT BROWSING THROUGH THIS PARTITION:
ANY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE:

ANY SUGGESTION AT THIS STAGE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

:thumbsup:

THANK YOU:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gforce007

Gforce007

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

Hello people,
u see my friend has a Laptop,OS:WIn xp Installed. On opening MS Office ,MS Notepad opens and opening Notepad, MS OFfice opens. He gave his laptop to one of his friend and on receiving back; he says Windows has started slowing down. I feel his Laptop needs a formatting since it is three years old.May be it has caught some Viruses and Malwares, he doesn't h a backup.
I can install Windows with my Serial, but i think Win would not be Activated. Since i h' already Activated by that Serial, i read somewhere in some Discussions that their lies a hidden Partition in every laptop. And here an ISO Winxp lies, is it possible to retrieve this ISO and burn it , in proceed with the Installation.

IS IT TRUE THREIR LIES A HIDDEN PARTITION AND IF YES, HOW CAN I GO ABOUT BROWSING THROUGH THIS PARTITION:
ANY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE:

ANY SUGGESTION AT THIS STAGE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

:thumbsup:

THANK YOU:

older laptops don't have a hidden partition(backup or restore partition).
if your laptop is a never version then consult with your laptop manufacturer's website on how to restore all the windows and drivers.
(you may loose data this way on C:)
instead a clean windows xp format is recommended. Activation of windows is not needed, if it want then hack it..........lol

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,082 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

I suggest looking at the documentation on the system...prepared by the manufacturer...to find out how it all works.

Louis

#4 hulkbuster

hulkbuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

older laptops don't have a hidden partition(backup or restore partition).
if your laptop is a never version then consult with your laptop manufacturer's website on how to restore all the windows and drivers.
(you may loose data this way on C:)
instead a clean windows xp format is recommended. Activation of windows is not needed, if it want then hack it..........lol

Yeah the Laptop is preety old, at least 3 years. The Recovery Disk was not given and i presume Hidden Partition doesn't Exits, from what i h Read so far in many Forums.
  • If the Hidden Partitin does Exists.
  • What do u recommend for Restoring Winxp ie.,any Bootable CD.
  • I do not intend to use WPA PASS, for bypassing the Activation, that is different story. Who Cares even if i use it. Ohhh m i going to Jail....lol

Posted Image

Thanking you:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users