Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix will not run on window 7 full retail version

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 saj070

saj070

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

i want to run combofix cause i went to a websote and possible clicked on somethingi should not i beleive i may have a back door trojan

The error i am getting is

Windows cannot find "NircmdB.exe". make sure you typed the name correctly, and thn try again.

I tried renaming to cf.exe no luck i even try using SDFix in safemode no luck when i click on runthis bat file cmd start then close so i dont know what is going on..

In the past i had vista and abale to run combofix and get rid of any virus i had . Now with window 7 i am getting this error above

Any help to run combofix would really appreciate

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Please create a new topic, in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, explaining the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.

If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.