Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SUPERAntiSpyware agressive behavior

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steveb5

steveb5

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Been using SUPERAntiSpyware free for awhile and downloaded recent update. After being prompted to restart, SUPERAntiSpyware loaded even though I un-ticked load when starts. I blocked it from loading from my firewall but still loaded on start-up. It also tried to change homepage. I deleted the program but still had to delete program and registry files manually. Anyone have any experience with this. I thought this was a highly recommended program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

I had problems with the last version and slow start up and also hanging on the update but since installing the latest version last week it is back to working like it used to do previously. The problems mentioned above are all gone and it loads and updates straight away as well as the scans being slightly faster on my PC. I also use Autoruns in conjunction with the start up list at the top of this page to keep my start up list uncluttered. I use it wholly as on demand and have none of the problems you mention. I use File Hippo for downloads and haven't had a problem with them. http://www.filehippo.com/ Below I have pasted some screen shots of my settings.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

I always use Revo uninstaller which does a much better job than the onboard Windows one. You can get that at Filehippo.

Edited by bluesjunior, 08 September 2009 - 06:02 AM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users