Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My computer won't let me run any scans!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bluemoon613

Bluemoon613

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hello there.

My computer has recently got something on it that pops up advertisements to upgrade my virus protection (It calls itself "Security Center" and asks me to install "Protection System"). It asks me to download the free scanner or it says Windows Firewall has blocked a program and asks me whether I want to block suspicious software, but only allows one of the options ("Enable Protection") and the other two won't let me choose. It also freezes a lot and I have to reboot it.

Not only that, but at times the speakers start playing the audio of commercials without anything open on my computer. It also occasionally adds icons to my desktop.

I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP.

I've tried to run Malwarebytes, Spybot, and HiJackThis, but it either doesn't open at all or it says that I don't have permission to open it. Please help!

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It comes up with a bubble in the corner sometimes:

Posted Image

This is what it says when I try to run HijackThis:
Posted Image

Thank you!

Edited by Bluemoon613, 07 September 2009 - 08:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bluemoon613

Bluemoon613
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

Now I can't even get it to start! I turned it on this morning and after it loaded it gave me this weird blue screen (though not the blue screen of death...the blue screen of near death?) that told me there was a problem and it had to shut down.

It told me if this was the first time to try again and it happened again. Then I tried to start it in safe mode and that worked for a few seconds, but then the same screen came up! Please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users