Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Options Restrictions Message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pygmalyn

pygmalyn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

My IE Tools/Internet Options is now returning an error message that says
" This Operation has been cancelled due to restricitons In Effect on this computer. Please contact your network administrator".

This is my home computer...I am not on a network....I have never reset these options... I assume I've contracted some type of Spy-ware lock up or virus.

Any idea how to remove/correct this?

pygmalyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

Are you using Spybot S&D?
Under Tools / IE Tweaks, if you have Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE checked, it will give you that message.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pygmalyn

pygmalyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

Thank you! Yes, I do use SpyBOt S&D, but I can't find that tools menu you are talking about...and I can't figure out how to open it in Advanced mode to see if there is a Tools option in that mode...

I'm usually pretty good with software, so this is an aberration...

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Look for "mode" right next to "file." Click on mode and choose "advanced" and the tools submenu will show up at the bottom of the left hand panel.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users