Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Police Pro Also

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peggy58

peggy58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

I have a screen that pops up and is titled Antivirus Pro at the tab and the complete screen is titled Windows Police Pro.I cannot access any of my programs and anytime time I try an Anti-Spyware (or any program) a box pops up tab says it is not a valid Win32 application. Because I had Bleeeping Computer saved in my -email I was able to save mbam setup.exe to my desktop. But when I clicked on it I got "it is not a valid Win32 application." It will not even allow me to use my restore to a previous date. PLEASE HELP!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hello peggy58 I am splitting you to your own topic in this forum. Titled Windows Police Pro Also

You have a rootkit.
As there are some new variants of rootkits in the wild right now that will require custom scripts to remove the infection, the process must be completed by HJT team member.

Failure to follow the proper removal process can and will cause serious damage to a machine. Recovery of the machine may be difficult, if not impossible.

Now ... Download this Utility and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..

Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.

Let me know how that went.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users