Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Argh! AGP problems!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drunken_Panda

Drunken_Panda

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

The other day, I went out to the computer store and plunked down 250 of my hard earned dollars for a MSI NX6600 GT. When I went home, and plugged my card into my shiny 2-year old pc...it didn't work. :thumbsup:

The card is listed as AGP 8x. My mobo is AGP 2/4x, but it is an AGP 2.0 compliant board. When I plug the card into the AGP slot, and the molex connector into the back of the card...the fan spins, the mobo bleeps, and makes the normal posting sound. However, there is nothing whatsoever on my monitor... :flowers: I was assured by the salesman that the card should work in an AGP 4x slot...was he wrong, or is the something wrong with my computer?

If this helps, here's the link to my mobo specs... ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherbo...g2/A8491301.pdf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:01 AM

did you check your Power Supply? 6600GT requires atleast a 350watt power supply. you said your PC was 2 years old, so, i'm guessing you have a 200-300watt power supply. not enuf. check your power supply specs. just because the mobo is compatible, doesnt mean your power supply is.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Drunken_Panda

Drunken_Panda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:46 AM

Well, the original blew up during a power outage...and I'm fairly confident the new one has enough power.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users