Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access secure sites (kinda)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

:thumbsup: kinda, meaning. I can log on to Ford Motor Co. pass word protected site. fmcdealer. http://www.fmcdealer.dealerconnection.com/...CommunityID=203. Then I log into there training web site which is also protected with another pass word, still no problem. I pick a training course and do about a hour or two of training and sample tests, still no problem. Now here comes the bad news for me. In order to get credit I have to pass a test at the end. It will not open the test, in the lower left had of the screen which at this time says (Done) as I,m typing. All I get is a error Java. This happens with I.E. 7 or 8. I have done as -David- has posted in a pinned item. More things I have done. (1.)Turned off K.I.S. (2.) Removed all anti spyware and malware. No help. I have to use I.E. that is all there system will allow. Private browsing is off. In private filtering is off. Pop up blocker is off. Smart screen filter is off. My Cipher Strength is 128 bit. I'm thinking there is some thing in Internet Options that I'm missing. I need help soon because I have 7 courses to do by the end of the month. This is making me :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

It sounds like it's more on their end and not yours.
Is anyone else having those problems?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

Some have no problems but they don't know why. Most can't get as far as I have. I have done per there instruction down loaded while at work. I.E. security changes.(Tools,Security,Navigate subframes across different domains.) Still no help.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

Just had a thought. I don't have a PDF program. Some of the web site is PDF. Is there a free PDF program, (Adobe). If not one you would recommend.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

Foxit is much better, less cumbersome than Adobe
http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000...4-10313206.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

Anther one, thats free that I use and like is: PDF-XChange Viewer 2.0.0042.2

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the sites. I will try them after I figure this problem out.

#8 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Well I down loaded Foxit and will give it a try. I'm still having the same problem with fmcdealer.com. A the present time, (using msconfig) General I have a selective start up instead of normal. Process SYSTEM.INI File and Process WIN.INI File and Use Original BOOT.INI is what I have.. Could I have something turned off that I shouldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users