Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No power to USB devices and VGA monitor on boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HeloK

HeloK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hello,

I've recently had issues with my desktop where it kept rebooting perpetually. Sometimes I was able to log on to windows and use my computer for a while.. But not for long until it reboot again.

When I opened up my event viewer it seemed that ati2mtag kept crashing at around the same time my computer did.
The crashes popped out some BSOD with STOP errors:

Check for bios updates. Disable bios memory options such ad caching or shadowing

0x000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80637712, 0xf7613b7c, 0x00000000)

0x0000007e (0x00000005, 0x87fe50c, 0xf7917924, 0x7917620)

Page-fault-in-nonpaged-area

I tried:
- running a memtest and my RAM is fine
- taking out the RAM and heard beeps from the board
- reinstalling my video card drivers

I initially thought there was a dust issue since I haven't opened up my case before... But after I cleaned it out.. All subsequent boots revealed no power to my USB devices (mouse and KB) and VGA monitor. This issue did occur during some of the times I booted up but a few restarts was able to send power up to my devices again.

I have another video card installed on the PCI express x16 slot but when I plug in my monitor to it, the display remains blank. Supposedly it should be automatically recognized but it appears not.

Internal fan and power supply fan seem to be running fine.

I was hoping for a way
to disable the integrated graphics on theboard and see if I can use the video card. Before, I was using the graphics on my board without a problem. My last driver update was successful and problem-free for months.

It would be muchly appreciated if someone can help me.

Can it be concluded that the video card is the issue?

Specs:
Motherboard- intel d102ggc2 with Radeon express 200
RAM - 1gig DDR2
OS- windows xp home

Thanks in advance. Sorry for any typos.. It was
all done on my iPod.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users