Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD autodetects and runs in one computer, but not another.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elomont

elomont

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Good Morning People,

Why can I insert a downloaded version of an OS into one computer and it will auto-run, but when I insert it into another XP machine it will not even show up as being in the drive?

One computer is running XP Pro and the other is running XP Media Center 2002. The cd will auto-run in the latter, but not even be detected in the XP Pro machine.

Side note....both machines will auto detect an original MS OS so I know it's not a problem with my drive in the machine where it will not auto-run. As an example, I insert the downloaded version into the XP Pro machine, click on run, type d:\setup.exe and I get a message that reads "Please insert a a disk into drive D:".

Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by elomont, 07 September 2009 - 11:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

I appears that you have downloaded a pi-rated version of Microsoft Windows.

This is considered illegal and BC does not support or discuss this kind of topics.

There may be a possibility that your downloaded version of Windows has trojans or malware loaded on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users