Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A photo folder?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:17 PM

A friend of mine recently said she has a folder where she keeps photos that she receives in emails. This is kinda bewildering me, lol. I know how to create a new folder and I know how to put things into it. But how do you take photos received in an email and put them in their own folder? I'm betting this is fairly easy but I'm asking anyway, lol. I just want to do it so I won't have to delete pics that people send me just because a particular inbox or two can't hold them all. Also, do you know of any other free website builders besides geocities? I've been trying to create this webpage for like 4 years. I always save my progress as I go along but it's not 'saved' somehow. I can view it but nobody else can. The addy says it's not up and running yet or something like that. I did try another one but it was so lame that all you can really do is paste and post what you already have. It doesn't come with skins, music, backgrounds, etc...

Thanks!

~67~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:28 PM

In windows ME:> Right click on the pic. and then > Left click on ..Save Picture As..> Clear box and rename if you like...> Then click on save. You should now have the pic. in your ..My Pictures folder. Which can be found under>Start > Documents> My Pictures
Posted Image

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 01:57 PM

See, I knew it was so simple, lol. Thanks a bunch, Scarlett!

~67~

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

You Are So Very Welcome, ~67~ Always glad to help when I can. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 03:13 PM

You might , depending on the number and different subjects of the pictures, want to have some kind of photo folder application that will help you manage. and do some basic editing of, your photo collection. Google has a free application (Picasa):

http://www.picasa.com/content/download.php...=pic&subid=more

You can store all the photos in My Pictures, but use this program to make different folders, comments, etc.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

John,
Thanks a lot for the link! I downloaded and installed the Picasa program and so far I like it. Appreciate it.

~67~

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:01 AM

I just want to do it so I won't have to delete pics that people send me just because a particular inbox or two can't hold them all.

I can't help but think Google G-mail. I too have been in the "better clean it out 'cause it's gettin' full" habit. Now I have 1,000 GB of storage free. PM me, ~67, if you want the invite to get it. :flowers:

BTW, photos, and e-mailin' them, and havin' them hosted online and such is as quiet passion for me...and I like the less than quiet passion you shared in another thread. :thumbsup: ya' gotta right, girl, to tell it like ya see it. :trumpet:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#8 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:43 PM

~67~ You might try Lycos click here for Tripod or click here for Angelfire for creating a free website. Angelfire is nice. Tripod is a little more professional. They have some plug and play templates as well as the option to do it yourself for free. And of course a pay to upgrade.

None of these have been personally investigated but
click here for some other free alternatives

#9 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:16 PM

Phawgg,
Hey there! I suppose we are equally passionate people :flowers: . Not sure which other thread you are referring to but I don't hide my passion about certain things. My yahoo email ID bears tribute to that :thumbsup: . Oh, and I've got the gmail thingy, thanks to Scarlett - she's a doll, isn't she?
As far as the free website goes, I went back to Geocities. I'm still having the same problem getting it to save so it can be viewed by others. It only seems to save my progress. I should've remembered Angelfire but didn't. Thanks for the reminder Bluie. Geocities hasn't changed their backgrounds in years. And I'll check out both Angelfire and Tripod too. Thank you again Bluie.
One of these days, I'll have a free webpage y'all can actually see. I hope! :trumpet:

Thanks u2!

~67~

#10 DrJT

DrJT

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:52 PM

~67~

Just out of curiosity, are you saving the web page as index.htm or index.html?
If not then you will need to give the full url including the name of the page to others to see it (ie: www geocities com/ mypage.htm) (spaces used instead of dots to avoid auto clicking it)

If you need help just holler, have several pages on geocities and others as well.

DrJT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users