Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Caught an ETD and don't know how to fix it.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kimoscout

kimoscout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but I need some assistance. My Dell laptop apparently became infected with a virus and after using the search engine for answers as to what Windows Police was, I think that is where it caught the ETD.

My Norton eventually caught it, but now I can't access the internet, task manager, windows, excel, basically everything beacuse the dll file is the same one the virus uses. I did a search and found the fix here, but I like I said I can't access the internet to downlaod the necessary file to be able to run task manager. Using work computer to try and find solutions. Anybody got any?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:35 AM

Just use another computer to burn the file to disk or put it on a flash drive, then transfer the file to the infected computer

#3 kimoscout

kimoscout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:57 AM

Thought about that, didn't know if it would work. Thanks, gonna give it a try.

#4 kimoscout

kimoscout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thank you bleepingcomputer.com. The fix I found on this site for eliminating Windows Police Pro worked and no my laptop is back from the dead. Easy to follow instructions for a not so computer savvy person.

Had to use flash drive and download programs from a different computer to open them on laptop, but it worked.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users