Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new to networking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gawwise

gawwise

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 02:38 AM

i only linked two tower together running 98se once, worked surprisingly, but cant figure out xp networking. operating sys. is xp professional. ethernet cards are new and exact type. one system is 1.2ghz celeron cpu, 256 mb ram. other is 500mhz amd cpu, 128 mb ram. i read that amd has trouble with network cards.

is ther a way i could link them to run games together?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:49 AM

Well, For Starters, Do You Know How To Set IP's?

#3 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:58 AM

I would think that the network connection wizard can lead you through this with XP pro; all you should need is a cross-over ethernet cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users