Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rasta Masta

Rasta Masta

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

Here is my situation- DSL modem connected to a secured Linksys Wireless G router. This setup has been running fine until just recently. As of yesterday my Dell XPS laptop (Vista), Dell Studio laptop (Vista), Gateway laptop (XP), and IBM T40 laptop (XP) will not connect. My wife's macbook HAS NO PROBLEM connecting. This situation is driving me crazy. The wireless card on all four laptops recognize the wireless signal, but will not connect.

I tried unplugging the router, restarting the computers, running windows update, disabling and enabling the wireless cards, searching for driver updates... nothing seems to be working. If anyone has any idea as to how to fix this please let me know.
Dell XPS M1330
  • Windows Vista Home Premium x86
  • Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
  • 4GB RAM
  • 300GB 5400 RPM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users