Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web browser redirecting to random sites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhoskins98

jhoskins98

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Both IE and Firefox are redirecting. Go to google and put in "cheese making" (used this as a test) and it comes up with the normal results. Click on second link which goes to biology.clc.uc.edu/Fankhauser/Cheese/cheese.html and instead it redirects some place and then ends up on hxxp://www.shopica.com/search.php?q=cheese_making

Does this on all searches.

Logged into the router and captured the log to see what was going on and found the strange sites it was hitting. See report.rtf

Posted in the wrong forum and was given those great instructions and have attached the three files.

Please let me know if you have another post that covers this and I can follow those directions.

Thanks,
jhh

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhoskins98

jhoskins98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:04 PM

Folks - Please don't work on this one. The friend that I was doing this for had someone come and clean it off. They used combofix and some other tools.

Thanks for the great work that you are doing for the community.

#3 syler

syler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:47 AM

Sorry we couldn't get to you sooner, but thanks for letting us know you sorted it thumbup.gif

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed. Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a PM
with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

unite.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users