Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to install dual monitors

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bugman1

Bugman1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hi. I hope someone can help. I am trying to install a second lcd monitor to my system. It is a fairly new build (about 4 mnonths old) with an AMD processor and running a new version of XP home edition. The motherboard should support two monitors, since it has both connections. However, when the system was build a video card was added. That is the one that my current monitor is connected to. I tried to connect the the VGA connection of the onboard video but my 2nd monitor gives me the "no video input" message. It can read that it is connected because when I disconnect it the screen says "check cable connection".

I went to the control panel and click display. I then clicked settings. The window shows 2 little monitors but both are for the MSI R4650 graphics card that my main monitor is connected to. I cannot get it to find the second monitor.

I also went to the bios setup. It shows the PCI as the primary and the onboard as secondary. I changed the on board from "Video output onboard VGA to D-Sub/DVI to D-Sub/HDMI. It made no difference. Note: I do not have a DVI converter to try at this time.

I am beginning to think that the onboard video software is not installed, but I would think that it would be installed automatically with the new motherboard. Could the installation of the PCI graphics card have over-written it? Also, I cannot seem to locate a copy of the driver for the 2nd monitor. It is a Philips 150B2. I don't think that would be the problem because I connected the 2nd monitor to the PCI card and it worked fine.

I would appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks,
Bugman1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users