Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to use S video out from an NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpumelter

cpumelter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Still trying to get a suitable setup for tv input from a pc. I have an NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4200 card connected to the tv via the S vid out, but I am getting no signal to the tv. I looked through all the properties/settings/Nvidia's Nview panel, etc., & I can't find any setting to "clone" the desktop to enable the pc to show up on my tv, as I did with another pc I have.

Am I missing something here??? I have been pulling my hair out over this one all day!!! :thumbsup:

Please help, if you have any ideas!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:54 PM

Can't help you with the SVideo, but I use a VGA cable from my 8600GT to a 40" Bravia TV and that works very well as a secondary monitor, together with DVI to the ASUS monitor.

Have you tried right clicking on a blank part of your desktop, selecting properties/Advanced (the right hand tab anyway - I am using Win7 at the moment so can't check the XP way) and looking for the option there to extend your desktop on to the TV?

Edited by rowal5555, 07 September 2009 - 12:02 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 cpumelter

cpumelter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

I dug around further in the advanced options/settings & found the "clone" setting. It was well hidden on this one, not like on the few other vid cards I have been working with.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users