Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transfering files from 1 notebook to another

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 compukerilliterate

compukerilliterate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

hey y'all not sure where to go with this...fairly new at this..I just ordered one of those Gateway 10'1" LT..very good reviews, but it has no disc drive...how will I install my Sprint wireless program on this computer? I have a transfer program USB type at home I think, but it also has a disc installation program, how do I transfer some things from my old notebook to the new one?? Especially my Robo password program, I will be lost without this, and my favorites also, I think will like this new mini if I can get what I need off my old notebook transfered...thanks...HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ebtech

ebtech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

You should be able to download the software for your Sprint wireless from here

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_download...and/index.shtml

Then copy it to a USB pen drive and copy to your netbook and install.

Copy all your other needed files (Robo password, Favorites)to the USB pen drive and copy them to the netbook.

Edited by ebtech, 16 September 2009 - 12:00 AM.

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:53 AM

Or network the two computers together and move the file from the old computer to the gateway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users