Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer boots but won't load windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Larry E

Larry E

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

I was trying to back up windows and the program I was using kept telling me that I needed save the back up in an area that was not in windows. I decided that partitioning the hard drive would be the best idea. The program that I was going to us suggested that I back up my files first and a windows box opened suggesting that I run ckdisk first after shutting the computer down. So I checked yes and shut the computer down. It said that the disk check was 100T% complete not showing any errors and then went to start windows. It opened up asking if I wanted to start windows at the last known good settings so I hit enter. All that happened is windows tried to start, the screen flicks a little blue across the bottom of the screen and then it goes back to the same screen . I have tried starting in safe mode and all other options and it just tries to start windows and rolls back to the same start screen.

At the boot I have checked the hard drive for errors or bad sectors and have found none.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I don't have a restore disk. Would purchasing one for my computer fix the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users