Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MISS PINK

MISS PINK

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

The highlighted date on my System Restore calender is the 27th July 2009 and I need to go back to an earlier date than this, but it won't allow me. Is there anyway I can get round this? I operate on Windows XP.Any help appreciated [ I am a learner]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

I would politely say no. If it's not in the calendar, as far as Windows is concerned, there isn't one.

RPs don't accumulate forever - they get pushed out the back end of the list FIFO style (First in First Out) to make room for more based on parameters.

The rule of thumb for accumulation is 90 days or until the total RP accumulation gets to be 12% of your hard disk capacity.

You desire to restore a while back - can you describe your situation so we can investigate your problem and offer some other ideas?

What is your Windows version and Service Pack?

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

winver

Click OK and report the version and Service Pack information along with a description of your problem.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#3 MISS PINK

MISS PINK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi! Josiebarra
Thanks for your reply. The information that you asked for is - Microsoft Windows Version 5.1 Service Pack 2.
Your answer makes sense but I thought it was worth a try.
The problem was made by a guy who came to clean up my computer and I found after he had lost a program which was important to me for my Photo editing. (Arcsoft Photo Impression 5) I did a search for it on my computer and couldn't locate it. Then I went on the Internet to see if I could download it from anywhere but I was unsuccessfull. It wasn't on the back up disk he made, in fact there was nothing af importance on it at all.
Another problem I have is that I get the message "Not responding" most of the time.
I am trying my best to deal with the problems I am having, but I'm afraid I don't have much experience, being a novice.
Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
Miss Pink

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

If you installed Arcsoft yourself and do not have the installation CDs, you can continue to look for it, ask your friend for help, but let's say you never find it.

It looks like you can download Arcsoft from their World Wide Web site:

http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_tit...roductCode=PI65

That would be their latest, you might see if they have a version 5 to download, if it costs anything for old versions, etc. If you bought a license, their technical support folks may have a way to help you.

Your "not responding" problem requires more information like your Windows version and Service Pack. To figure that out, click Start, Run and in the box enter:

winver

click OK and report (at least) Version, Service Pack, Physical Memory.

When do you see this not responding message, does it happen always, sometimes, only when you do a certain thing, what do you do when it happens to get out of it...

A good idea is to help ensure your system is reasonably malware free as follows:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users