Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, I'm Sherrie and I am a computer-aholic....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sherriec09

sherriec09

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hi, I am Sherrie and I live, breathe and eat at my computer. I am on it at least 16 hrs a day, sometimes more. I use it for business, for pleasure and for keeping in touch with my family since I live in the boonies. I found this site because after 3 months of problems I am desperate and I did another Hijack this and it brought me here... I have used the program before but this site never came up. I am glad it did.

I am married but separated at the moment. I am a mother of 2 and grandmother of 3. I run an online toy store for my oldest son and also double as an Ebay Lister for toy collectors who don't have time to list their collections themselves. This is one main reason my computer is so important to me.

I am computer savvy. Tell me to do something and I can do it. I am not afraid of computers. There is always a way to undelete, and restore, rollback, etc. I have had computers since the first Atari and Commodores came out. When the IBM's became desktops I taught myself every word processing program, data base and spreadsheet program and became a top dollar, in demand, office worker. I can install drivers, hardware, software. I can clean registries, etc. I can trouble shoot a lot of things, but my own computer problem is kicking my butt. After all these years of knowing, unfortunately my memory is going and I can't remember a lot of things, which is why this problem is so hard for me. So if I ask questions or ask for details please be patient with me. It is not that I am stupid or ignorant, it is just my attention and short term memory are not working properly at this time. Probably just stress and not age...

I love my kids, I love my grandkids and I LOVE my computer! I am a new toy collector who loves toys.
I was a moderator on one of the largest forums on the internet for over 3 years so if you need to move/delete, yell at me, etc., don't worry, I know what your job entails and won't take it personally. Moderators have it tough....

Thanks for listening!

Sherrie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hello Sherrie and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 TechDisciple

TechDisciple

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

enjoy ur stay. :thumbsup:

Edited by TechDisciple, 07 September 2009 - 03:05 PM.

A PROUD FIREFOX 3.6 USER.

A proud player of Deadfrontier online MMO Zombie Apocalypse Game

A proud Member of the Steam Community
Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users