Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Computer Procedure Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lwiley

lwiley

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

This forum has many rules - rightly so - and I'm asking this question in an effort to stay within the rules.

I'm pretty sure my main desktop is infected with a rootkit and have submitted logs in the Hijackthis forum - am awaiting reply. I suspect my laptop and other desktop may have the same or similar infection. How should I proceed? Do I submit logs for the other two computers now, in separate threads? Or try to resolve all three computers with the original thread.

It seems the latter option would be confusing. But the former seems a little greedy. Maybe the other two computers should be fixed serially - one at a time after I get the main desktop squared away?
Leroy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

Serially, or by separate thread will work. Just be sure to note that these are different computers when you post. Also note, that all three are owned by you. Two thoughts here.... If you want to ask the HJT helper that take your log, they may do it serially, but it is up to the volunteer that helps you. By posting individually, you are placing them in line for help.

Good luck with your cleaning. By the way, the HJT forum is extremely busy. Be patient... it may take 1 1/2 weeks for a reply.

Best wishes,
rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 lwiley

lwiley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the advice rigel. And the good wishes. :thumbsup:
Leroy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users