Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop freezes up & act all bizzare

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 zig2be

zig2be

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

When trying to open up my internet explorer, it takes forever. So then I click the red X on the right to exit, I get Internet Explorer (not responding) on the blue title bar and have a white screen. So it still doesn't want to close and then I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del for the Task Manager to come up. I have at least 2 or more Internet Explorers that says Not Responding in the tasks part. I am at 100% processing. So after 5-10 mins of closing the application I get the do you want to send this error to Micrsoft. When I click on the details, it is always a hungapp. Everything is a hung app.
It seems to me everything I do on my laptop will eventually lead to a hungapp. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

But before I do that I have yet another problem. When I download anything to my desktop, I get duplicate icons. One has the information and the other does not but you cannot delete the one that has nothing. So now I only have 3 items on my desktop my trashcan, my internet explorer and my documents. I now down load to my documents then go from there. Why is this happening? Is there anyway to fix this so I can download to my desktop? Because here is where I want to pull out my hair.

These 2 problems are a nightmare and I would like someone to help me out and get this laptop back in order.

Thank you,
zig2be

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hello again zig2be, :thumbsup:

Please refer to your your topic posted here if you wish to continue this thread or the one in the HJT thread, please let me know via pm and this one will be reopened for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users