Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspect I have something, but not sure what

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 goblue

goblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

Well, after taking some of those steps (clearing the cache, etc) and updating IE, it works fine again. Strange, really. I'm glad you didn't find any malware though, thanks!

Two quick questions:

- What's the best place to learn about spyware/malware? Just so I can get a basic understanding of what it's doing, and how it does that?

- Second, what's the best available spyware/anti-virus software? Obviously I currently use Avast, as you probably noticed, since it's free. If it's worth the money, though, I'd go out and pay for a superior one. Do you have an opinion?

Thanks a ton for your time in reviewing my logs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

Heya goblue,

if you're interested in learning more about malware and helping out people online, you might think about joining the classrooms here at BC: link :(

If you just want to read up, maybe have a look at the sections: Spyware and Malware Removal Guides and Reading Room and security mini-guides here at the forum.

I personally don't think that free anti virus programs lack anything compared to the paying ones. I have been using Avira Antivir Free for many years and am happy with it.

regards _temp_

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#18 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Heya,

Since this topic appears to be resolved, I will now close it. Glad to have been of assistance. :(

If you need this topic re-opened please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

With Regards,
_temp_

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users