Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp laptop won't power up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 idiomtangent

idiomtangent

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

I am looking at my brothers Hp pavilion entertainment pc. When the power button is pressed the blue lights come on for 2 seconds and the fan turns on. It then turns off. Nothing comes up on the screen. Then repeats in a constant loop.

Holding the windows key and the B key at the same time it will take it out of the loop but still nothing comes up on the screen.

I tried looking at the screen with a flashlight but nothing....also hooked up an external monitor and no signal.

Any help is very much appreciated

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 idiomtangent

idiomtangent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

any ideas?

#3 Oldcrow

Oldcrow

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

I had the same problem last year with a HP Notebook (Laptop) I was trouble shooting and from this, I found this computer had a known problem of just this function. Press start lights up and beeps then stops.

I contacted HP and they sent me a prepaid box from Fed. EX I put the computer in and shipped it back. They repaired it at no cost, returned it in less than two weeks.

This know HP product has a bad Graphics Card, This is the Computer: HP Pavilion dv6125se Notebook PC

Contact HP Tech. http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/suppor...split%2Fsupport

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~ Leo Buscaglia

My Forums ~ CirclesOfFriends ~ WorldPoliticalViews

#4 idiomtangent

idiomtangent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

thanks for the input. were you still under warranty? i think this one ended in august

Edited by idiomtangent, 13 September 2009 - 01:21 AM.

#5 Oldcrow

Oldcrow

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

The computer was bought in 05 I had it repaired in 09. Put your serial number or model number in the HP Support and see if its the one that was affected.

You can contact HP and explain what is happening, a support will try to help solve the problem. But it sounds exactly like a Graphic Card gone bad.

Edited by Oldcrow, 13 September 2009 - 01:53 PM.

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~ Leo Buscaglia

My Forums ~ CirclesOfFriends ~ WorldPoliticalViews

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

If it has the NVidia chipset, HP has been one of the more accomodatong OEMs when it comes to fixing the problem. I have had good luck dealing with HP on this issue.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#7 idiomtangent

idiomtangent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

went back and fourth with a tech troubleshooting. they said id have to send it in for repair and pay several hundred for it since its literally WEEKS over the warranty.

#8 Cayer

Cayer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

contacted HP ang they will send the professional person to test for free if you are in the warranty time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users