Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My ATI radeon HD 4800 series graphic card issue. Help please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zakox

Zakox

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

1024MB XFX ATI HD4890 GDDR5, 4800 series that my graphic card
When i start up my pc, it runs fine and after about 30-60 mins, it suddenly goes black or some other colors. And restarting and shows this.
error-display-driver-has-stopped-working-has-recovered-successfully.‏

But the weird thing is that, then it wont happen again, until i shut down my pc for alot of hours and when i start it up again it happen again, but its only once everytime i start it up. start it up, boom, restarting and after that it never happen again. Help please. Could it cause of my 550watt? and that might not be enough?

Edited by Zakox, 06 September 2009 - 11:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

Usually it is a software/driver conflict that causes this.

Are you using any one program that causes the error? After the error, when the problems no longer occur, while in taskmanager, are there any differences in the programs that are running? Is there a difference from the "before error" to the "after error" programs listed? If one of the programs got terminated at the same time your error message appeared, then that is likely your problem child.

It goes without saying, use driver cleaner or similar program to remove all traces of current driver, download the latest and greatest drivers from amd/ati.

As far as hardware goes, a 550watt PSU should be plenty, as long as it isn't junk. GPU-Z can be used to monitor the videocard's temps.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Zakox

Zakox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thats my gpu is it bad or good? :thumbsup:. My power supply 550W Corsair VX CMPSU-550VXEU 120mm.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Gpu.gif   13.77KB   7 downloads

Edited by Zakox, 06 September 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

what kind of PSU are we talking about, and whats the amp rating? how many 12v rails do you have, and what amps are they? I dont know the exact amp rating for that card, but you probably need at least an combined amp rating of 26-30 amps combined between your 12v rails. not having the proper amp rating could cause those issues, and its an easy thing to check (just look on the side of the PSU it should tell you how many 12v rails you have and how many amps with each) though I would tend to think this is a driver issue like previously stated. I would update your drivers, and after running a PSU calculator and making sure your PSU can handle everything, and your still having problems, Id contact customer support.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

PSU is fine, I had the same one running my current rig with Crossfired 4870s. Temps look OK.

Any answers for:

"Are you using any one program that causes the error? After the error, when the problems no longer occur, while in taskmanager, are there any differences in the programs that are running? Is there a difference from the "before error" to the "after error" programs listed? "

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 Zakox

Zakox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

what kind of PSU are we talking about, and whats the amp rating? how many 12v rails do you have, and what amps are they? I dont know the exact amp rating for that card, but you probably need at least an combined amp rating of 26-30 amps combined between your 12v rails. not having the proper amp rating could cause those issues, and its an easy thing to check (just look on the side of the PSU it should tell you how many 12v rails you have and how many amps with each) though I would tend to think this is a driver issue like previously stated. I would update your drivers, and after running a PSU calculator and making sure your PSU can handle everything, and your still having problems, Id contact customer support.

The side of the PSU doesn't tell anything, as far as i can see. Got any other solution? Cant find any PSU calculator sites, got one?.
Can tell you http://www.bpm-power.com/product/300/CORSA...PSU-550VXEU.asp this link really look like my PSU

Edited by Zakox, 07 September 2009 - 11:24 AM.

#7 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Well, I give up.

#8 Zakox

Zakox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

Well, I give up.

Cant say anything about it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users