Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake/alert and other fun stuff

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soilwork

Soilwork

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:19 AM

Hello,

I got a fairly nasty trojan last night. I was on Mininova.com looking for a torrent and Avast alerted me that it had found something(rootkit) i think. When I tried to follow the recomended action, it shut down Avast and contimues to do so everytime I try to restart it and the computer. A little red circle with an "x" going through it originally popped up at the bottom right of my screen. It is gone now but every anti spyware and other helpful programs start but get shut down everytime I try to run any of them...SUPERAnti-virus, Hijackthis, Avast, Malwarebytes....Its crazy........It keeps trying to auto install AntiSpy Protector 2009....I keep clicking the close button before it can install......Any help would be great!!

After reading a post by admin(Grinler) in the latest news section.... I figure I have AntiSpy Protector 2009 + Rootkit....

This is a laptop running XP Professional

Edited by Soilwork, 06 September 2009 - 11:35 AM.
Merged posts, you are in the correct thread already Soilwork.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Soilwork

Soilwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:30 AM

Update, It is 2010 not 2009

#3 Soilwork

Soilwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

Any volunteers? Any help is appreciated.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

Hello.

Let's try this:

Please install RootRepeal
Note: Vista users ,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the "Drivers" tab, and then click the Posted Image button.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
RootRepeal log

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 Soilwork

Soilwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for your help but my companies IT manager told me he would take care of it!! sorry...close thread please.

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

Not a problem. . . hope you get back in working order quickly!

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#7 caramal_choco

caramal_choco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hello.

Let's try this:

Please install RootRepeal
Note: Vista users ,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."

Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the "Drivers" tab, and then click the Posted Image button.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
RootRepeal log

hi i'm to the forum. i've just been hit with "virus protector" last night. i was wondering if this method would help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users