Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Question (lol)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 redsox25

redsox25

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

I just got this new Gateway laptop and over all its very good. The one things that is pissing me off is this mouse. I guess Gateway decided that they wanted to make their mouse function like an IPHONE. So now with my mouse I can zoom in and out of pages and go forward and backwards pages in Fire Fox. On paper this sounds like a really good idea. But in reality its a pain in the ass. Its constantly zooming in on pages and in the middle of typing going back to the previous page. I even figured out how to do it, so its not like I'm completely ignorant of what to avoid but it still happens a lot. I thought I would adapt to it(like I did to the mouse being offset to the left) but I haven't So my question is, does anyone know how to turn it off. I checked in the mouse settings in the control panel and I didn't see anything. Thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

What is the model number of your laptop?

#3 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

Gateway NV5214u

#4 Leon76

Leon76

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

What is the model number of your laptop?

Hmmm, it should not be.... I dont think that model number will help.
Its a functional problem.

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

I wanted to grab a copy of manual and see what I could find about that laptop's settings but I could not find any manual. I think you should read the hardcopy of manual that came with your laptop. I am sorry to say that I have never come across such a mouse.

One solution would be to buy a cheap USB mouse and attach it to laptop. But you cannot use it outside or when traveling for example in a train.

If anybody else owns a laptop like that, or has experience in this field, please feel free to share your knowledge.

#6 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:43 AM

There's likely a manual describing the settings (and how to change them hopefully if it's possible) under Start (the orb in Vista) Programs under a folder likely called something like Support, Gateway or something similar.

It also likely has its own settings application for those added functions and wouldn't be changeable through the normal mouse settings in Windows so you'd need to find the specific program if there is one and change it there if possible.

If it's a new laptop you can most likely contact Gateway by phone or email for free and hopefully the support staff member you get will be able to help you out.

Edited by exile360, 11 September 2009 - 06:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users