Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Protection Suite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gigi10101

gigi10101

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

Windows Protection Suite invaded my system around August 13. I have used Malware Bytes and Spyware Doctor to remove it, as well and several other paid and free softwares. I have System Mechanic installed on my system and it identifed Windows Protection Suite as the antivirus and the FIREWALL. I upgraded my System Mechanic program to include antivirus and firewall. Initially, I could not install it, but finally over rode the antivirus message and it installed. When I look to see the status of firewall and antivirus, it says that System Mechanic is the antivirus, BUT Windows Protection Suite is still the firewall. AVG has looked over numerous system files and they contend that all is well. However, there has to be one little piece still existing somewhere. I have spent two weeks trying to find it. I am ready to through the laptop out the window. Reinstalling windows xp is not an option, because I cannot find the disks!

Someone please HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigi10101

gigi10101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:03 AM

Hooray!! I have resolved the Firewall Problem. I suggest that in addition to the Spyware Doctor, and Malware Bytes that one installs PCTools Firewall Plus 6 which is a free software. It just came out Sept. 1, 2009. It will identify the Windows Protection Suite as the Firewall and allow you to override it.
Cannot tell you how excited I am to have resolved this problem! I hope that this will help someone else and keep them from devoting night and day to resolving their problem!

#3 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

Gosh .... how amazing that you solved your own problem with a brand new product that you discovered!!! I felt the same when I was really hungry and then discovered some spam ....

#4 gigi10101

gigi10101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Spam? I try not to do spam!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,258 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

FWIW: Windows Protection Suite data, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...rotection-suite.

Louis

#6 gigi10101

gigi10101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

I have found and read numerous pieces of info about Windows Protection Suite. I honestly thought that I had finally gotten the last piece related to the firewall. Spyware Doctor and Malware Bytes were supposed to fix it and I would have thought so. However, when I installed System Mechanic Pro, the firewall won't load. I got the free firewall to load that was on the site with Spyware Doctor. It was the firewall and I was happy. I turned off the laptop last night and when it rebooted this morning the free software was not the firewall and windows protection suite was the firewall again. I have not had any pop up related to Windows Protection Suite. I assumed that the free firewall from the folks who make Spyware Doctor is safe, especially since it took Spyware Doctor to clean up the remnants of Windows Protection Suite that were located in the Local Hosts folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users