Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista having huge problems, random reboots, terminal services not run or appearing, debug errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pearce

pearce

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Hi all.

I recently just reinstalled vista on my pc, and I've been getting many errors.
First and main one is, the computer just turns itself on and off again all the time, randomly. I've changed power chord and power board but have not change the extension chord yet, I'll give that a go and notify you of changes.

Second problem is, it freezes alot, and requires me to unplug it at the wall, its that bad. When it freezes the screen turns white and says end process, I click end process but nothing ever happens from that.

Some errors I get are -
Popupsyncid2: cfp.exe-application error- The instruction at 0x6e6e890x referenced memory at 0x0000005f. the memory could not be read.

Error - A runtime error has occured. do you wish to debug?
Line: 25
Error: Object required.

Also terminal services is not showing up in services, and I am unable to install norton because of that reason.

Also sometimes when I boot the pc up, it stays at the blue compaq logo, and has white lines running through it, requires yet another reboot.

My pc is a compaq presario desktop. Prod number 0 gf951aa-abg
Compaq pcsr5140an

System -
Rating 3.0
Processor - Amd athlon ™ 64x2 dual core processor 3600+ 1.90ghz
System type - 32 bit operateing system.
Memory (ram) 1918mb

windows edition -
Windows vista home premium.

If anyone could help on any of the problems it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

sounds like a failing computer
the restarting computer but could be bad hard ware(ram) or a overheating or it can be a damaged system

quote:
Some errors I get are -
Popupsyncid2: cfp.exe-application error- The instruction at 0x6e6e890x referenced memory at 0x0000005f. the memory could not be read.

sounds like memory problems

download this program and run it and see if it finds any thing
http://www.memtest.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users