Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Helping Photo editing, manipulation, and effecting.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kenji The Helpful

Kenji The Helpful

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

Alright, a lot of people need some sites for photo editings....I luckly found a few. If you woud like to try them out you can.

www.picnik.com
www.imageshack.com
www.lunapic.com
www.fotoflexer.com
www.photoshop.com
www.gimp.org
www.photoscape.com

These sites will help edit your photos. If there is anything wrong with the website, let me know and ill fix the URL's

~Kenji
♣SoftWare Intermediate♣

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mopfog

Mopfog

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

Hi,

I've done a lot of effects and photo manipulation using Photoshop CS, but getting special effects filters is really expensive. Do you know of any programs that have filters that are as powerful, with as much or more variety than is available in Photoshop?

#3 Scooter B

Scooter B

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

Ifranview and Photoscape are my two favorites and freeware/shareware.
http://www.irfanview.com/

Ifranview will run most Photoshop filters in .8bf format using a free utility also on the Ifranview site. There are links on the Ifranview site to free filters as well.

Although I purchased two others;
Corel PSP latest - more powerful potential however longer learning curve, takes much longer time to load each image file, render etc.
Serif - did not impress me so much after finding Ifranview.

Picassa is quick and easy to learn but more limited than the above.

Gimp http://www.gimp.org/ is an open source free platform with the power of Photo Shop (I'm told) but harder to learn.

You can find links to many more on various photography forums as well.
Refusing to make waves is not an indicator of a life well lived. Refusing to make waves is the state that precedes drowning. - Paul Coughlin author

#4 PortraitProAlex

PortraitProAlex

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

Hi,

I've done a lot of effects and photo manipulation using Photoshop CS, but getting special effects filters is really expensive. Do you know of any programs that have filters that are as powerful, with as much or more variety than is available in Photoshop?

Yes, GIMP, which the OP linked to. It doesn't have as much variety though - nothing has as much variety as Photoshop, it is the gold standard in photo editing.

#5 David589

David589

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:17 AM

Ifranview will run most Photoshop filters in .8bf format using a free utility also on the Ifranview site. There are links on the Ifranview site to free filters as well.

#6 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Most of the time we don't need topics for this, but rather to suggest one that you think would suit the need of a user that asks for help... Just making a topic isn't going to help that much.

Personally, as Photoshop was my first image editing program, I naturally gravitate towards GIMP, and all its free awesomeness. At one time I could use it more efficiently than Photoshop.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users