Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DRM Video not playing back in IE8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teamsundin

teamsundin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

I have a problem playing a video on a particular site, and the tech support hasn't been much help on there so I thought maybe someone else might know.

I am able to watch videos mostly anywhere, but on this one particular site I can't figure out why. On their FAQ they mention the videos are protected by DRM windows and can't playback on Mac or Linux (I have 64 bit Vista). The requirements basically ask for WMP 9+ (I have 11), a good internet connection (which I have), and a pretty basic computer. My old one was significantly worse and it was able to watch the videos just fine.

I'm using IE8 to try and view the site as they recommend using IE, and I remember the website being very picky when it comes to which browser works with it and which doesn't. So I'm convinced it must be a browser-related issue that I can't figure out. Any suggestions?

I hope it's okay to post the link, this is the site I am having problems with: www.videosport.com
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:45 AM

I have IE8 and had no problem. So you may have to do some trial and error and adjust your WMP settings. DRM should not be an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users